Job: Business Development Manager - LCRN
WhereLCRN Office - N1 6HT
Jo Ives email@example.com
London Community Resource Network (LCRN) is a social enterprise charity supporting organisations and communities working to manage resources sustainably, especially through waste prevention, reuse and recycling.
LCRN is at an exciting stage of its life, with a newly developed strategy that gives the organisation a renewed focus and impetus, and a new business plan defining the way forward.
In order to move the charity forward we require an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to be responsible for new income generation from new business partnerships and fundraising from trusts, corporates and donors.
The Business Development Manager role will fill a crucial gap on the senior team, giving a named individual the authority and responsibility to turn new income opportunities and ideas into reality.
• Winning value added new business for LCRN and its members
• To maintain a continuous dialogue with the network , potential members and external stakeholders in order to understand the dynamics and requirements of the market
• Promoting LCRN’s values and successes with the wider market (i.e. marketing and promotion)
• To continuously review the market for opportunities to secure funding or win contracts for LCRN and for its members
• To research & develop on an entrepreneurial basis, services, resources and technical packages that fulfill the LCRN strategy and meet the requirements of the members and the broader network.
• To prepare applications for funding, PQQs, tender documents and other proposals to secure contracts and other funding
• To negotiate appropriate and beneficial terms from each grant or contract for LCRN
• Strong commercial skills especially in negotiation, contract winning and service delivery
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Effective networker
• Proven track record of winning new business including successful bid writing and contract winning
• Educated to degree level with senior management level experience in new business development.
• Knowledge of the community and waste/reuse sector
Salary - up to £46,000 plus benefits
Closing Date – 12 Noon Friday 10th August 2012
To apply please send CV and covering letter to Jo Ives: